1/09/2008

Crocodile Bread

Crocodile Bread
(Caimán de Pan)


This is a sweet bread daddy used to make for us when we were children, i don't remenber it because i was a baby but my mom, brother and sisiter do, My father an italian man from abruzzo, arrived in Venezuela at age 19 and was (and is) beloved by all the ones who knew him, passed away on september 8th 2004. I made this bread for my three years old nephew Michele as a reward for beeing a good boy at school ( the adaptation process to school is difficult ) just as my dad did when he wanted to surprise us and draw a big smile on our faces, of course his were bigger and surely very beautiful and delicious, He also made dolls and other creatures, although he was the best baker in the world mine is delicious too and I used my own formula, I hope he is proud




3 comments:

SUGARCRAFT INDIA said...

Faery I've never seen a bread like this....You've definitely done a great job and your dad will sure be proud of you...
This is an amazing idea and the croc looks Excellent...you must try out the other shapes too sometime!!!

Donna said...

How on earth did you do this?!!! Wonderful idea...Children would really go for bread served this way!! Have a happy evening!!

Faery said...

Thanks a lot Sugarcraft and Donna I'll soon post the recipe.When my nephew saw the bread he took the head and pretending he was a croc too he ate it, he definely enjoyed it :)