7/22/2008

Roasted Bell Peppers Abruzzo Style.

Peperoni Arrosto Abruzzesi
Roasted Bell Peppers Abruzzo Style.
I found these beautiful bell peppers in the super market…and believe if my dad hadn’t told me about the colors of pepper I’d have thought they were poisonous-yes,what a shame-, this is the first time I have this bright orange peppers in my hands, I always buy them in green and red. Before I cook them I took the seeds out so I can start my own orange bell pepper garden







Ingredients.

5 or 6 bell peppers
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 or 4 tablespoons oil. (I used corn oil, because it is neuter in flavor)
1 tablespoon fresh oregano powder (dehydrate at home*)
3 garlic cloves minced.

Roast the peppers on a Gas Stove Top.

Place the pepper directly on the flame of your gas stove.
Once the side facing the flame is black turn the pepper around to face another side to the flame.
Continue turning like this until all sides are black.
Remove the pepper from the flame and place in a plastic bag, close it.
Allow the pepper to sweat in the bag
Once cool to the touch, remove the pepper from the bag and peel off all the blackened skin you can do this with a pepper towel.
Remove and discard the seeds.

In the Oven.

Preheat your oven up to 250 °C
Rub the peppers with oil and wrap each one with aluminum foil
Place them in a cake pan or tray.
Place it in the oven.
Once the peppers are soft to the touch take them out of the oven, let the peppers rest for about 15 minutes in their wrap.
Peel off the pepper. Do not discard the juice of the peppers.
Remove and discard the seeds.

Once the peppers are ready cut them and add the garlic, oregano, vinegar, oil and salt. Carefully mix all this and store in glass jars in the refrigerator.
To dehydrate oregano wash the oregano leaves and put them in a dry frying pan over a slow flame until the leaves are dry and .


5 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Faery, I would love to eat this with some crusty bread! I think it's great you are going to grow th orange peppers, can't wait to hear how they turn out!

Swati: Sugarcraft India said...

Dear Faery

The roasted bell peppers look lovely..this should taste yummy!!

Lille meg said...

Hi! I found your blog by visiting Donna today.
I have never been here before.
You have so much yummy cooking. Maybe I should try some of it.
Nice to visit you.

Greetings from Norway.

Donna said...

This Would be great with bread!! How Wonderful!!!hughugs

Cooking and the City said...

Faery, that looks so good! :-)