8/20/2008

Faery’s Corn Dog.

Faery’s Corn Dogs.
and an award filled with love.

I saw this on the web and wanted to try this recipe, so I decided to “create” my own corn dogs. They are sooo delicious that I will be making these corn dogs over and over again, We simply LOVE them.











Ingredients.


¾ cups yellow corn meal
¾ cups self raising flour.
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg.
¼ cup water (if needed).
½ teaspoon salt.
¼ cup white sugar.
½ teaspoon baking soda.
Flour to coat the sausages.
10 small sausages
10 chopsticks .

Sauce.


You can buy one you like, I bought German sauce (a favorite with hot dogs in my country), in case you want to make it, mix mayonnaise, gherkins in vinegar (drained), parsley, and garlic and onion powder, salt to your taste.

1- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2- Whisk buttermilk and egg.
3- Whisk the dry and liquid ingredients, if you notice that the batter is to thick add the water a little at a time until you get a thick but fluid batter, if it is too thick it will crack when frying.
4- Dry the hot dogs off on paper towels then Dust them with flour, coating them completely and tap well to remove any excess. Place each hot dog on chopsticks and set aside.
5- Transfer the batter into a tall drinking glass, use the chopsticks to pick up the hot dogs and deep them (one at a time), in the batter, fry them in hot oil; remember to turn them to evenly fry all sides. I used a small but deep saucepan, when they are golden brown; roll them over paper towel to remove excess oil.
6- Serve and enjoy.



Award.




Thank you so much Donna of Made In Heaven for this award it means a lot to me.
WYLDE WOMAN AWARD The rules of this award are:
1. You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it's up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post.
2. Link back to this blog site http://tammyvitale.typepad.com/ Tammy can go visit all these wonderful men and women and remember the Purpose of the Award: To send love and acknowledgment to men and women, who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy.
It’s been a blessing and an inspiration to meet all of you through your wonderful blogs
I award the "Wylde Women and Man Award" to:
The Airy Fairy Cupcakes.

9 comments:

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow corn dogs looks awesome. I love the color. Iam gonna try this out and let u know. Congrats for the award. Thank u for passing it to me.

Lis said...

I LOVE corndogs! They look delish, sweetie! :) Do you like swiss cheese? When we go to a fair or festival, I always get a corn dog and swiss cheese wrapped in the corn dog batter on a stick.. it's wonderful! :)

Thank you so much for the award.. as usual, you've put a huge grin on my face and made me feel special on this day! You're just such a lovely lady :)

Hugs to you!
xoxooxoxoxox

Kitchen Flavours said...

There is something waiting for u in my blog. Check out.

Donna said...

These look Wonderful!! My Grandson will Love these!!! Thanks for passing the award to my cooking blog sweetie!! Love You!hughugs

Proud Italian Cook said...

Hello sweet Faery! Thank you so much for the award, I very much appreciate it! So kind of you!
xoxo, Marie

tartasacher said...

Muchisimas gracias Faery. Ahora que estoy con mi ordenador de nuevo pondré la entrada con los dos maravillosos y uno de ellos apetitoso premio que me has dado. A ver si la puedo hacer para mañana. Este es precioso. Muchas gracias por acordarte de mí. Eres maravillosa. Un besazo.

Swati said...

Very Dear Faery

Thanks a ton for this asesome recipe.. It looks and sounds too delicious..
Thanks for the lovely award..really means a lot..

Cooking and the City said...

Thank you Faery so sweet of you to give me another award & wow I just love your corn dogs! reminds me of carnivals here in Australia when I was growing up :-)

nonizamboni said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It gave me a perfect opportunity to visit yours, and what a nice visit I had. Congrats on your award from Donna--she's wonderful too.
Now about the corn dogs-YUM-and you are ambitious. Your blog is totally delicious.
Have a lovely week!