8/17/2008

Faery’s Tranche Cake

Faery’s Tranche Cake.
and Awards.




Ingredients.
6 egg whites.
6 egg yolks.
11 tablespoons self raising flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder.
3 tablespoons corn starch.
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine.
1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
½ teaspoon cream of tartar.

Rum Syrup.

1 cup of peach syrup.
2 tablespoons peach marmalade.
¼ cup rum.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Filling.

2 tablespoons peach marmalade.
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk.
2 cups whipped cream.

Icing.

Whipped cream.
You will also need:
1 can peach in syrup.
Red candied cherries.
Directions.

1- Drain and cut into slices the peaches, set aside.
2- In a small saucepan put the peach syrup and peach marmalade and boil until the marmalade dissolves, set aside to cool.
3- In a bowl whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar until it forms soft peaks, gradually add half cup of sugar and continue whisking until it forms stiff peaks.
4- In other bowl whisk the egg yolks until pale and fluffy, add the melted butter and whisk, then with a spatula gradually foil the sifted flour, then add ¼ of the egg whites and gently fold, add another ¼ of the egg whites and finally the rest of the whites.
5- Evenly spread this batter onto the jelly roll pan.
6- Bake 180°C until and inserted in the cake comes out clean, take it out of the oven and let cool.
7- Trim the sides of the cake and Divide cake lengthwise into 3 equal strips, (also cut the parchment paper, it will help you to handle the cake).
8- Place one strip of cake onto a plate (up side down) carefully peel off the paper, drizzle with the rum syrup spread half of the filling and repeat this process, for the last strip of cake drizzle with the rum and cover with the whipped cream and decorate with the slices of peach and candied cherries.
9- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting.
Awards
Please Grab a copy of the award from the right colum of the blog, I had problems loading the pictures here.
I would like to thanks My dear Donna of Made in Heaven http://donna-madeinheaven.blogspot.com/ for giving me the Amazing Frienship award, this is so important because I consider frienship is the most beautiful gift. I pass this awrd on all my firends that visit my blog.
Also my dear Swati of Sati's Sugar Craft India http://sugarcraftindia.blogspot.com/ gave me The Lamp Of Luck, and i consider it very important to have in every kitchen in the world, so I pass this on all my dear friends that visit my blog.
And Kitchen Flavors of Yummy Food http://kitchenflavours.blogspot.com gave me the Billiant Weblog Award, I am so thanfull for this since I think there are really brilliant blogs out there like hers for example, thank you so much for thinking my blog is brilliant.I pass this on to:
Donna of Is She Cooking Or What?
(That you made this blog was brilliant, I love it).
Sinead of Allways Look Into The Bali Side Of Life.
(this blog is brilliant because she is in a foreign country and she is always learning from and enjoying all what life gives her in Bali...even giant beetles ).
Presious Moments
(she has a wonderful blog filled with beautiful creations)
Mara of Lick The Spatula
(Beautiful and yummy blog,I love it)
Tartasacher of Mil Postres.
(I really enjoy her blog , is beautiful, full of all kinds of good food and first of all she is a great person)
Do What I like
(the first blog I visiyed and it was love at the first bite, because her recipes never fail in my kitchen)
Cooking And The City
(I love her blog, she always makes good delicious food too)
Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogsphere.
The rules:
When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’.Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).

11 comments:

Donna said...

Yummy!!!! This looks Wonderful sweetie!! Come get your Award sweetie!!hughugs

Swati said...

Hey Faery, congrats... and hugs to you...

Kitchen Flavours said...

Congratulations on the award and cake looks devine.

Mara said...

THANK YOU sweet Faery...you are so darling..! I will definitely post about the awards in my blog very soon!!! :)

Rosie said...

Hi Faery...my first time here and what a great blog you have!! I found you through Swati's site.

wonderful looking yummy cake too

I will be sure to visit many times again :)

Rosie x

Kitchen Flavours said...

Thank u Thank u for the awards dear.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Did u made those jalebis. How did they turn out?

tartasacher said...

Vaya premios tan exquisitos, no dudes que en cuanto pueda los pongo en el blog junto con la receta, me parece una idea maravillosa y un premio con un gusto excelente, eres genial. Un besazo y en unos dias lo pongo, estoy usando un ordenador que no es el mio y solo puedo entrar poquito, pero en seguida lo pongo me encanta, las fotos son maravillosas y la receta tambien. Gracias de coraz'on Faery

Proud Italian Cook said...

Hi Faery, Wonderful cakes you have here! Beautifully decorated too, I bet they taste amazing.

Divya said...

Hey Faery! My first time here, love love love the cake! Looks so pretty... good job.
And your profile is very cute as well :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!