1/03/2009

Babá.

I chose the Babá for this special occation, Kitchen Flavors of Yummy Food: http://kitchenflavours.blogspot.com/ honored me with three beautiful awards.









Ingredients.

240 gr + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour.
80 gr unsalted butter or margarine, room temperature.
40 gr white sugar.
4 gr salt.
4 eggs.
5 tablespoon warm water.
½ tablespoon instant yeast. ( I used yeast for sweet dough).
Pastry cream.
Rum syrup. (For this I used Sambuca instead of rum)

Step one.

1- In the stand mixer bowl, mix 80 gr of flour with 1 tablespoon sugar and the water, cover and let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.

Step two.

1- Add the butter to step one and using the hook attachment, mix well.
2- Add sugar, salt and the eggs one at a time.
3- Gradually add all the flour, continue mixing for 4 – 5 minutes.
4- Then cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
5- Pour the dough in a grease and floured ring pan or individual molds.
6- Let rise until it doubles in volume.
7- Bake at 180°C until it is light golden brown.
8- Unmold and slowly pour the rum syrup over the Babá, you must make enough syrup( the Babá should be soaked in the rum syrup).
9- Decorate with the pastry cream and fruits or candied cherries.
10- Cool well before eating, in fact it is better after a night in the refrigerator.

To make the syrup:
I place equal amounts of sugar and water in sauce pan, add a stick of cinnamon and two pieces of lemon peel, cook until it looks like cough syrup , let cool and add the rum (as much as you like or no rum).
Now Award Time :)

I want to thank Kitchen Flavors, for this really makes me feel good, as I said I am leaning to cook and the fact that you think I am doing it right, raise my energy and somehow blows away my depression and then I feel that cooking is the best remedy for me, thank you so much
I would like to pass these awards on to all the beautiful people that visit my blog and always have a nice comment and advise me how to do things.
Audax Artifex of Audax Artifex
Donna of :Is She Cooking Or What?
Lis of : La Mia Cucina
http://llcskitchen.blogspot.com/
Mara of Lick The Spatula
Tartasacher of Mil Postres
Proud Italian Cook
Rosie of Rosie Bakes A Peace Of Cake
Swati of Swati´s Sugar Craft
Sninead of Airy Fairy Cupcakes
Mar of Todo caserito 2
Cooking and The City

13 comments:

Audax Artifex said...

How wonderful of you to think of me when you got your well-earned awards. I have been offered many awards from fellow bloggers BUT I feel that my blog isn't up to muster as yet. Thank you so much for the lovely words on my blog and your Babá recipe and cake are so yummy in my tummy. Good to hear that you are cheering up and that you find cooking soothes the gloom away. I always find that cooking cheers me up also. Happy to hear from yours. Audax.

Some small typos and grammar corrections -

It is Place equal amounts of sugar not I place......
It is because this award really makes me not for this really makes me.....
It is I am learning to cook not I am leaning to cook.....
It is it right raises my energy not it right, raise my energy...
It is depression, somehow I feel that cooking not depression and then I feel....
It is for me; thank you so much not for me, thank you so much.....

the AIRY FAIRY said...

hi faery..that cake looks delicious! wow! and thank you so much for the award...

Cooking and the City said...

Faery what a gorgeous cake! it looks delicious. sweetie thank you very much for my awards, really appreciate your kindness :-)

tartasacher said...

Hola Faery:
Espero hayas pasado unos bonitos días, te deseo lo mejor para este año y recojo estos premios con mucho gusto. A ver si puedo hacer una entrada para mañana, ya que tengo otro premio que poner y algunas cosillas que comentar y por supuesto para el día de Reyes, festivo aquí en España y de gran tradición tengo que hacer el postre por excelenciaque es el roscón así que tengo muchas tareas por delante. Besos mil y muchas, muchas gracias por todo.

Kevin said...

That cake looks really good!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Faery, I want that Baba!! It looks so moist and good! Thank you for the awards my friend, you are very kind. I hope that 2009 brings you much joy and happiness!
xox, Marie

Lis said...

This cake looks absolutely delicious! And so very pretty! :)

Thank you again for thinking of me.. you ALWAYS make me feel so special - I smile each time I think of my special friend in Venezuela :D

Hugs and much love!
xoxoxoxo

Rosie said...

Hi faery, wishing you a Happy New Year!! What a gorgeous Baba!!

Thank you for thinking of me with your most deserving awards!! I now also feel very special :0)

Rosie xx

Louise said...

I know this has to taste fantastic, but it is SOOOOO pretty that it doesn't even matter!

Donna said...

Thank you for thinking of ME!! I Love it!!! Happy baking sweetie!!hughugs

natalia said...

Ciao your babà is wonderful !!

Jude said...

I love baba.. I've been meaning to get a larger mold because I only have the smaller ones/

vidhas said...

your baba is tempting. Congrats on your awards. Thanks for your nice comment in kitchen flavours for me.