3/22/2009

Cream Cheese Sponge Cake

Cream Cheese Sponge Cake
(My Way)





Ingredients.
150 gr cream cheese.
100 gr heavy cream. ( I used nestle canned cream, it is very thick).
6 eggs.
50 gr butter or margarine.
100 ml full cream milk.
20 gr corn starch.
60 gr cake flour.
1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar.
140 gr white sugar.
1 pinch salt.
Directions.
Butter a cake pan and Line bottom with waxed paper, then butter the waxed paper too and dust the pan with flour, keep aside.

1- Melt together, cream cheese, butter and milk.
2- Sift together flour and corn starch.
3- Whisk egg whites until soft peak form add the cream of tartar and whisk for two minutes, gradually add the sugar keep whisking until stiff peak form.
4- Add the egg yolks to the cream cheese batter, two at a time, then add the cream, lemon juice, salt and vanilla extract. Add the sifted flour and corn starch and whisk until it looks homogeneous.
5- Gently fold ¼ of the whites into the batter and then fold the rest of whites until well-blended. Pour into prepared cake pan.
6- Bake in a water bath at 160° for about an hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.Unmold and let cool then cover with marmalade of your choice or cream, I used my homemade guava shells in syrup

9 comments:

edith said...

wow yours looks good with strawberries. Yum.

Theresa said...

This reminds me of a cheesecake that my mother used to buy. It had the sponge like texture and it was so good. I'm going to have to try this!!! Looks delicious.

Cooking and the City said...

Faery that cake looks so good, yum! :-)

Audax Artifex said...

I just love this easy and simple recipe. Great pictures hope you are feeling better about your country. Thanks for the comments on my blog. Yours Audax from Australia

Donna said...

OhWow!!!! This looks SO Tender!!! I'll bet it was delicious!!!hughugs

Lucy said...

I see my sister has arrived here first!! I does remind me of that one Thesea!!! I must try this, it looks sooooo good!! Thanks for sharing the recipe ((((hugs))))

natalia said...

Ciao ! It looks so yummy !!

Lucy said...

Faery, I made this and it was just perfect! Thank you again for sharing this great recipe ;-)

sala said...

wow yummy!!.I loves cheese cake very much. I like to try.