3/29/2009

Tha Daring Bakers March Challenge

Lasagne of Emilia-Romagna.
(Lasagne Verdi al Forno)
The Daring Bakers March Challenge.
The March 2009 challenge is hosted by Mary of Beans and Caviar, Melinda of Melbourne Larder and Enza of Io Da Grande. They have chosen Lasagne of Emilia-Romagna from The Splendid Table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper as the challenge.

Well finally my challenge is done; first there was NO spinach in the supermarkets. I was ready to quit when my neighbor called me to tell me there was spinach at a small Chinese supermarket but that it was kind of soggy I said “buy it”. I place the spinach in water and after an hour it had a better look, I chose the better leaves and began my challenge…A POWER CUT the fourth in a row since last Friday so no electric appliances for this challenge. I tried to imagine my Granma there in Italy many years ago, preparing pasta without a KA for example and it was my inspiration. I stored leftover precooked pasta in the freezer and hope it is ok.
The verdict delicious
Thanks Mary, Melinda and Enza for this beautiful challenge



Please visit threir beautiful sites for the recipe Mary here , Melinda here and Enza here.

5 comments:

Audax said...

What a great job you did on this challenge and with no power. I just love the Challah bread you did wonderful braiding of the dough. Tough when you cannot get spinach. Hope things improve in your country.

BC said...

No power and you had to revive your spinach. You are a trouper!

Paula and Skip said...

Just found your blog and LOVE it. Surely will come back often to improve my cooking skills. Paula

Donna said...

Looks Delisioso sweetie!!!!hughugs

The Phosgene Kid said...

I read your Arepas recipe and was wondering what type of white cheese you used - was it a Rancho Fresco, or more like a seco?