4/11/2009

Happy Easter Week

Happy Easter Week


My Mom prepared our traditional dish for easter time, it is called "cuajao" or Fish Cake, it consist of a fish stew, placed between layers of egg foam, boiled plantain, boiled potatoes and white cheese, it is served along with rice made with milk and sugar (it is sweet), beans, pink salad and fried plantain and the dessert is "buñuelos de yuca" they are delicious and I will try to make them to show you how to make these buñuelos. Today I am kind of lazy because we had so many visits and so many things to do, that "I feel like jello" (I used to say this when i was a Child meaning "I was so tired after a long day of playing")










6 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Easter Sweetheart!!!hughugs

Audax Artifex said...

What a clever way to do a recipe just love your pictures with captions. Very enjoyable. Thanks for the comments on my blog. Yes I think Australia is very different from Venezuela. If you ever get here you are welcome to stay with me I have a spare room. Yes the dogs are great they are friendly and very loving. O they are my friends dogs not mine.

Chloe Patricia said...

Feary, thank you for visiting my blog earlier. I do not know much about the South American cusine and find your blog very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Happy easter. Chloe Patricia

Kitchen Flavours said...

Completely home food. Looks traditional...yum and droolworthy...

Kitchen Flavours said...

Belated easter wishes to you and your family dear...

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.