4/19/2009

Two Easy But Dangerous Recipes

Two Easy But Dangerous Recipes

The first recipe was given to me by Donna, it consist of a chocolate cake in five (5) minutes…the danger with this recipe is that from now on you will only be 5 minutes away from a delicious chocolate cake that has a very fine texture and can be served with ice cream or chocolate fudge or your imagination is the limit…
The second recipe is lemon dessert I made when I was at the university, very easy to make and perfect for hot days but….the dangerous part is that this dessert is sooo addictive.

5 Minute Chocolate mug Cake



The original recipe in my mailbox said:

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Ingredients.
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired..
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!”
Lemon Delight.





Lemon Delight.
Ingredients.
2 cans sweetened condensed milk.
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice.
½ can liquid milk, use the one condensed milk can to measure (I use full cream powder milk and not much water :9 Yum).
Maria cookies or your favorite sweet cookie
Milk

1- In a bowl place the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and milk, whisk until all the ingredients are smooth and the mixture is thick.
2- To assemble the dessert place a layer of cookie (slightly moisten in milk) a layer of lemon curd and keep working like this until you use all the lemon curd.
3- Place the dessert into the freezer for 45 minutes or less if you are like me or in the refrigerator for 3 hours.

10 comments:

Lucy said...

WOW... dangerous certainly describes that chocolate cake in 5 minutes.... I can only imagine the temptations!!!

Theresa said...

5 minutes. That's very dangerous for me!!! That lemon delight looks delightful!!

Jude said...

I like living on the edge. That photo of the mug with the cresting chocolate on top looks insanely good.

Chloe Patricia said...

Really tempting, five minutes chocorate cake. Indeed dangerous. A question, what size is your condenced milk tin? Chloe Patricia

Donna said...

These look delicious!! I need you address sweetie! I'm mailing out the books!
Email me at: DLSTAAS@YAHOO.COM

Audax Artifex said...

5 mins!!! This is one dangerous recipe and we make a very similar lemon delight in Australia. Great photos. Hope Easter went well for you.

Kitchen Flavours said...

What an welcoming recipes....Easy to make too...Love it. Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Proud Italian Cook said...

Very dangerous, but very good! I have to try that chocolate cake!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

The lemon delight looks super yummy! And I've actually made the 5 minute chocolate cake. It was really good! It's funny, I found the recipe on a blog several weeks ago, and suddenly everyone seems to be making it!

Lucy said...

Hi Faery,

I'm currently taking a break from my blog. I would like to extend an invitation to you... if you'd like, you could leave your email address (which will not be posted) in order for me to send the invite... the blog will be going private soon.

Lucy