5/27/2009

The Daring Baker's May Challenge: Strudel

The Daring Baker's May Challenge: Strudel


The May Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe book Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague by Rick Rodgers.

He he I guess I added to much toasted ground almonds, it was something between a baklava and a strudel. I used green apples, ground and coarsely chopped almonds because I could not find raisins in the super market also I forgot how to properly fill the strudel and spread the filling all over the stretched dough, the dough was so elastic that I began to play with it like a child and I think it was to thin, I could see the pattern of the cloth under it.

Tank you so much Courtney of Coco Cooks and Linda of make life sweeter! for this challenge it was so much fun, I learn new things and It was delicious.

The recipe for this Strudel here and here








Also it is my birthday today and my sister made a cake WHAT??? Gina cooking??? no way she bought a delicious cake at a bakery, it was a chocolate cake filled with white chocolate mousse and dark chocolate mousse the kitchen was flooded with delicious scent of chocolate yummm :9



11 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy B'day!
Love the strudel with the apple slices..I made the apples much smaller.

Audax said...

I LOVE visiting your blog so much – very interesting you made half a baklava and a strudel – I like how thinly you stretched the pastry. I was thinking of doing a baklava also. Happy birthday to you just love the chocolate cake your sister 'made'. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. By the way please visit my blog again and see the end of the strudel posting there is a surprise for you. Hope your spirit is happier with the birthday.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wooooooooooooow.......want to taste both of them.....looks droolworthy......

tartasacher said...

Hola Faery:

A ti también te ha quedado muy rico y bonito el strudel. No es dificil, sólo estirar la masa. Un postre bien rico y tradicional a ver qué nos toca el mes que viene. Besos mil y gracias

foodcreate said...

Hola!
You will definitely get"oohs" and "ahhhs" when you pull this dish out of the oven.
Gracias! Por la receta:)

And if you can visit me i can visit you:)

Welcome!
foodcreate

Claire said...

Nothing wrong with baklava...and baklava with apples...even better! GREAT job! You should recreate that cake...it looks yummy. :-)

linda said...

I'm glad you had fun making the strudel :) Your strudel looks wonderful!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Happy belated birthday!! Love the strudel ;0)

Theresa said...

Both look so good right now with my coffee.

Lucy said...

I'm missing you... are you on a holiday???

Sue Sparks said...

Your strudel filling looks so delicious! YUM!