6/06/2009

Corn Bread

Corn Bread.


Hello, its been a long time since my last post but so many things happened these past days: we finished the “security system” around the house, I finished my detective work too but we are still working on my dad’s pick up truck … well no I am not a bricklayer nor a mechanic but I have to be there just telling the guys what to do and helping my cousin with the pick up truck. the sun is been so… so splendid , as a result I do not recognize myself on a mirror, my skin is reddish, tanned and like bloated also itchy. The good news is that I began my English classes again. We are getting our passports done, yes you cannot do that yourself online, in this country you hire someone to make the passport for you…but you pay a lot for that “favor”, A LOT. The Italian passports are for July when Michele is on vacation because we have to travel to Valencia to get them but these are cheaper because there is no corruption there so I gladly pay the cost; we think we will have to leave the country if things get worst.But I HOPE the big ape leaves the country first.




Compare my leg and my arm. By the way I am not a shaman those bracelets were given to me by my nephew, he thinks they are beautiful and so do I.
The most common Venezuelan security system… ha.

I found the reason why my mom’s ferns are brown and not green.


I feed it cheese hi hi hi don’t tell her please.







Corn Bread.

Ingredients.

350 gr all purpose flour.
150 gr corn flour.
350 gr warm water (or milk and water).
Tablespoon instant yeast.
1 tablespoon malt extract.
3 tablespoons corn oil.
½ teaspoon baking soda (optional)

1- Mix all the ingredients and knead for about 5 minutes or less, until the dough is smooth.
You may need 5 extra tablespoons of all purpose flour is the dough is too sticky do not add more or the bread will be too heavy.
2- Place the dough in a floured bowl and cover with a bag and let rest until it doubles its volume.
3- Form the bead and let rise again until doubled in size, make some decorations with knife spray the loaves with water and sprinkle some corn flour over them.
4- Bake at 190 °C until you hear a hollow sound when you tap on them.
5- Let the loaves get room temperature before eating.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Oh the bread looks Wonderful sweetie!!
I'll just be glad when you get all your papers in order and get out of there!!
Be safe sweetie!
LOVE the field mouse!!Hahaa
hughughugs

Lucy said...

Wonderful, awesome bread!!! You have the same tan I have.. I've been working in my flower & vegetable gardens.

I too need to get my passport, I'm hoping to take a trip to Italy next year. Good luck getting yours ;-)

Theresa said...

Your bread looks wonderful. Don't tell your Mom, but I do like that mouse!!!

Good luck on obtaining your passport.

♥peachkins♥ said...

That cornbread looks wonderful..

Audax said...

Love how you cut the bread two ways - yes very sun tanned arms - hope the passports work out for you. Funny looking mouse - fancy beads on your armlet. It is super cold in Sydney at moment - think happiness because the blue bird of the sky is always above you.

Audax said...

Love how you cut the bread two ways - yes very sun tanned arms - hope the passports work out for you. Funny looking mouse - fancy beads on your armlet. It is super cold in Sydney at moment - think happiness because the blue bird of the sky is always above you.

Your cornbread recipe is almost the same as mine I just add a few drops of chilli oil adds a zing.

Faery said...

Donna- the Italian nationality is done already,the other documents are on the way ha ha ha, I hope that the Italian nationality will protect us and our pets too :).

Lucy- I have been trying to imitate the corn bread I buy at bakery I think they use Lievito naturale or poolish, I got this recipe from a friend and it's so good.

Theresa I love mice, but this cute little guy is so n asty that bad I need to tell him a few things.

Peachkins - thank you so much.

Audax- this recipe is from a friend of mine I never did corn bread before but with you idea of adding chilli oil and my idea of using a poolish I think the result will be great