6/27/2009

The Daring Baker´s June Challenge

Bakewell Tart…er…pudding

The June Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Jasmine of Confessions of a Cardamom Addict and Annemarie of Ambrosia and Nectar. They chose a Traditional (UK) Bakewell Tart... er... pudding that was inspired by a rich baking history dating back to the 1800's in England.
Thank you Jasmine and Annemarie for this challenge, it was easy and delicious too, I had all the ingredients at home, I decided to fill my tart with apricots and white chocolate truffle and for garnish Italian almond meringue, dark and white chocolate truffle sauce, I thought it was one of my crazy combinations but to my surprise it matches deliciously, I guess that after a year and a half cooking with the daring Bakers I am learning.
The only trouble I had was with the dough, it was too dry so after four teaspoons of water I had two add 2 more teaspoons and it wasn’t sticky at all.
I have a question, the tart name was given after the town’s name or because the tart actually bakes well???
For the recipe please visit Jasmine and Annemarie









All I can say is: YUMMMM ;9

16 comments:

Dragon said...

Wow! What a stunning tart. Great job on this month's challenge.

lisamichele said...

Not only does your tart look great, but the way you presnted it is mouth watering! Way to go!

Anula said...

Beautiful, yummy tart! I love the decoration :)

Sue Sparks said...

BEAUTIFUL tart!!! All the photos look delicious! Great job and I love the variety of flavors that you used:)

Audax said...

A tart with apricots and white chocolate truffle and for garnish Italian almond meringue, dark and white chocolate truffle sauce. Your photo of the oozing sauce over the tart...er...pudding with the apricot is so delish and *mouth drooling* a very nice presentation for a party you really got into the spirit of this challenge. Bravo and the pixs of the tart cooking are excellent and you got a wonderful colour on the frangipane. Cheers from Audax and I like the decoration of pastry flower. Yes I loved the Venezuelan rolls post also they look so good for a high tea. Yours from Australia I have the feeling you are feeling happpy at the moment and it is nice to have everything at home for a challenge!!! Kudos to you and thanks for the nice comments you always leave on my blog.

isa said...

Your tart looks delicious and what a wonderful presentation! Love your apricot and white chocolate filling. Great job!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A beautiful tart! Very well done!

Cheers,

Rosa

tartasacher said...

Hola Faery:

También a ti te ha quedado exquisita y preciosa la tarta de este mes del desafío de Daring Bakers. Un beso bien grande y mil gracias.

Donna said...

Oh this looks Wonderful!!! Did you get a different camera? Great pictures!! The decoration is beautiful!!!hughugs

Amy J. said...

Mmmmm, what a great idea for your flavors! I love your decoration on top, too!

jasmine said...

What a lovely tart--especially like the decoration.

Thanks so much for participating.
j

♥Rosie♥ said...

Absolutely stunning - I just love your decoration on the tart!! Kudos to you :0)

Sophie said...

The flower on top is such a lovely touch :).

ice tea: sugar high said...

Yumm is definitely right! My mouth waters just seeing that last one with the sauce dribbling on the tart... Gorgeous

Lucy said...

Simply gorgeous & deserving applause, beautifully executed and great photo!

XXX's

Lucy

Annemarie said...

Well done with the tart - you have baked it very well. :)