7/27/2009

Daring Baker July's Challenge

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies.
and Dulce de Leche Recipe

I love marshmallow I always make these delicious clouds at home so I had doubts about this recipe, but it was great. The only problem I had was the weather so I had to slightly refrigerate the marshmallow before using it because it was too runny at the beginning. The cookie dough was also affected by the hot weather. I made small cookies and with the rest of the dough I pressed it into a cookie cutter with the fingers and made a big… biiiiig marshmallow.
Thanks Nicole for this new recipe and wonderful challenge I enjoyed and learnt a lot in this challenge. To see the recipe click here


AAAyyy a monster jumped in my batter
He is saying GRRRRRR
Dough... Dou!

Cookies

Dulce de Leche...my LOVE

Centered Filling...or...Filling Centered?

Scary

Soft ball... hot hot ouch it burns.

Almost a Disaster

The Biiiiig One

Chistmas Flavor

PiƱa Colada

Dulce de Leche

YUMMMM :9

These are for my neighbor and friend Hector.

Faery's Dulce de Leche.


This a dulce de leche that is like the one used for pastry, it is thick and dark and I like this kind of dulce de leche more that the traditional home made dulce de leche.
Ingredients.
7 cups fresh milk.
650 gr white sugar.
2/4 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate.
2 teaspoons corn starch.
1- Place milk, sodium bicarbonate and sugar in a big heavy bottomed sauce pan and cook over high heat stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
2- Low the heat and stir every 5 to 7 minutes until it takes a brown color and is thicker that cough syrup, then dissolve the corn starch in the water and add it to the dulc e de leche stirring well and continue to cook until it becomes thick (you can test the same way you do for a marmalade, dropping a bit of the dulce de leche on a cold saucer)
3- Cool in water bath and store.


The July Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Nicole at Sweet Tooth. She chose Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies and Milan Cookies from pastry chef Gale Gand of the Food Network.

10 comments:

Julie (Willow Bird Baking) said...

MMmmm these all look SO DELICIOUS!!! Great job!!

Audax said...

WOW you did a wonderful challenge, love all the mallows. I love the idea of the centres (especially the cherry one) all sorts of goodies. And the biiiiigggggg one is a wonder. Great to hear that the weather wasn't too big a problem. As always a complete pleasure visiting you site. Your dulce de leche is so dark and delish looking. I always make it using the 'boil' a can of condensed milk method it is fun I have never had a can explode yet (knock on wood! Cheers from Audax in Australia

Lisa Michelle said...

OMG..I LOVE your giant Mallow! It would make a great B-Day cake! It's beautiful! Also, I'm bookmarking your dulce de leche recipe..it sounds amazing, and wow, I can only imagine how good it tasted underneath the marshmallow! Great job all around!

Sue Sparks said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with this challenge! Love all the variations and I really love the BIG one!!! :)

Lucy said...

These marshmallow cookies look amazing, and love what you've have done w/them.... wishing for a taste of each, yummy!

isabelle said...

Wow! Your mallows looks absolutely delicious! Love all the flavours you made. They came out very well. Nicely done!

Donna said...

Looks Delicious!!!hughugs

Joyce said...

Great flavors in these little bites:)
Joyce

Theresa said...

Your challenge came out great!!! Nicely done.

Audax said...

Hi there I have made another batch of macarons for my one yeat blog anniversary for food blogging and being a member of the Daring Kitchen yeah and what fun it has been. Thank you for your encourgment and lovely comments throughout the year and if you are ever in Australia you have a friend and a place to stay. Cheers from Audax in Australia.