12/27/2009

Gingerbread Nativity Scene

The Daring Bakers December Challenge.

The December 2009 Daring Bakers’ challenge was brought to you by Anna of Very Small Anna and Y of Lemonpi. They chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ everywhere to bake and assemble a gingerbread house from scratch. They chose recipes from Good Housekeeping and from The Great Scandinavian Baking Book as the challenge recipes.
We had to make a gingerbread house this month but we were free to choose what we wanted to make so I chose a nativity scene, It is a tradition here in my country and with this ones I have made 4 already a big one not edible, two small ones not edible and a this one is totally edible, I looove making nativity scenes we call them “pesebre” or “nacimiento”.
Thanks Anna and Y for this wonderful challenge I had no problems this time with my challenge







Behind two of the christmas ornaments I made


13 comments:

Jill said...

How sweet!! I love your Nativity scene--so beautiful! Well done! :)

chef_d said...

Very nice! I love your take on the gingerbread house :)

Lauren said...

What a great idea! The nativity looks amazing =D. Wonderful job!

natalia said...

Ciao ! What a great idea ! Anita would have loved to make one presepe !!Happy new year !

Donna said...

Wonderful!! I hope you all had a Wonderful Christmas sweetie!!hughugs

Lucy..♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy..♥ said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!!
Hope you and your family all had a wonderful Christmas!!

kristenly said...

beautiful little nativity. well done. hope that you had a great christmas!

Anna said...

Very cute! I love seeing creative "houses" like this. Great job on the challenge :)

Donna said...

Happy New Year!!! hughugs

Audax said...

Happy new year to you and your family and what a wonderful pesebre you have made I especially love the figures.

Thanks for your comment on my blog but I had to go to far North Queensland to help fight fires and floods at my mum's station (farm) so I couldn't get to post my challenge this post but I will in a few days time.

Yours Audax

RaymonLosey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

Just checking on you sweetie!!
hughugs