5/27/2010

The Daring Bakers May Challenge.

The Daring Bakers May Challenge
Piece Montée.

Well this is may challenge and my birthday, great challenge although I hurt my finger with hot caramel, I had a great time building this tower, my mom was so nervous so she was by my side with a bowl with iced water (mommies know everything…ooor she knows I am a mess) it was very useful when my accident happened.
It is raining cats and dogs here, in fact I think this is the universal deluge again, so my sister could not stop at the bakery to buy a cake but she said for Saturday we’ll celebrate, fortunately “I saved the day” with this tower..Mountain..Hill whatever, it was delicious and Michele helped me blew the magic candle .
Some pics are blurry because I am left handed and my left middle finger was so sore that it was difficult to take the pics ..and writing too .
Thank you cat for this challenge, it was great building this mountain of cream puffs, I hurt myself but I am a Daring Baker so I am strong …. Buuuu I want my mommy
Recipe here.





11 comments:

tartasacher said...

Hola Faery:

Te ha quedado precioso el Croquembouche o Pièce Montée. Feliz Cumpleaños y mil besos

Swathi said...

Looks really beautifull I love it.

Lis said...

Happy birthday, sweetie!! :D

I love your tower, mountain, hill.. whatever you want to call it. ;) Its gorgeous and I love the little shiny dragees everywhere!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!
xoxoxoxo

creative jenny said...

Faery, el otro dia te deje un comentario pero como no soy pro en computadores, no se si lo has recibido. Estoy enamorada de la forma como has creado un mundo muy tuyo en este blog. Feliz cumpleanhos! eres una artista especial que me gustaria conocer.
Tambien soy Medio Venezolana y medio Danesa. Gracia spro compartir tanta belleza con la red donde muchos artistas te esperan....

Donna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
I LOVE the Cream Puff mountain!!
Gorgeous with the spun sugar and pearls!
Happy weekend sweetie!
hughugs

Marcellina said...

Happy Birthday! I like to make my own cake too! I love your croquembouche with the gold dragees. I thought of adding them but didn't really know when - before the spun sugar or after. What did you do?

Audax said...

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday to you hip hip hooray to you my friend. I've been away on a short holiday down in Melbourne and am just back. Wow you did such a wonderful job on this challenge and that tower.. hill... mountain... looks so delicious I love the silver balls and the spun sugar is amazing.

And yes mum's do know best about most things.

Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Wolf said...

Lovely job! and happy late birth day!

Lucy..♥ said...

Belated "Happy Birthday Wishes" coming your way ;-)

Your mountain of puffs look mighty good!!

Swati said...

Great job Faery!! Very impressive!!

冠中 said...

與人相處多微笑,個人獨處多沈思。 ............................................................