6/27/2010

JUNE 2010 - Daring Baker's Challenge:

Chocolate Pavlovas with Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse

For this challenge I had to make mascarpone but as you all know In Venezuela the food is scarse, (although more than 100 000 tons of food got rotten in containers and Rotten food containers continue to appear nationwide ...) so it was not a surprise that there was NO real cream, I found vegetable or non diary whipping cream that is very expensive (50.000Bs ) with that you can not try to make mascarpone so I bought cream cheese instead, I wanted guava shells for my dessert but surprise surprise in 6 different stores there were NO guava shells or at least natural guavas to make my own guava shells, fruits are imported now, we do not produce them because we produce petroleum ONLY…but guess what? I had problems baking because the natural gas supply was poor… and later it went off so I had to wait 8 hours to bake……………………….

I hate when this happens because I cannot enjoy my challenge and it was a great recipe, I LOVE pavlova and this was my first chocolate pavlova. Thanks Dawn Nyman from Doable and Delicious, I learnt a lot and it was so so delicious. The recipe here.

Blog-checking lines: The June 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Dawn of Doable and Delicious. Dawn challenged the Daring Bakers’ to make Chocolate Pavlovas and Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse. The challenge recipe is based on a recipe from the book Chocolate Epiphany by Francois Payard



Chocolate and peach







12 comments:

Dragon said...

Gorgeous! Great job with this month's challenge.

Aparna said...

Despite all your problems, I think your pavs look very, very good.I can understand how dificult it is there, but I think inspite of the frustration it sometimes makes us adventurous and experiment with baking/ cooking.
So congrats.
Are those mangoes?

The Betz Family said...

Even with all the difficulties I think your pavlova looks delicious! I love the peach, chocolate, and cream combo. Nice job on the challenge!

Chef Dennis said...

Wow....I absolutely love the peaches on your pavlova, not just the colour but the taste must have been incredible...great job making this challenge your own!

Audax said...

My dear dear friend I so concerned with all your problems that you are having BUT you seem to be able to overcome them all to complete the challenge in such stunning style and with such grace. The peach and chocolate pav looks so beautiful. Superb effort and as always looks after yourself and your family.

That last one photo is so rich and delicious.

Big hugs and sweet gently kisses to you from your Australian friend Audax in Sydney Australia.

Marcellina said...

You are such an inspiration to me! Even with such problems in your country and with supplies of, what I would consider, "basics" you manage to adapt and create delicious masterpieces. Continue your great work and blog about it because even though you may not realise you are reaching and touching many people through out the world. I am always learning from you! Thank you!

Katie said...

Great work despite circumstances that would have made most quit!

Audax said...

I forget to mention that I like the new look of your blog, Cheers Audax.

tartasacher said...

Hola Faery. Deliciosa tu Paulova. Besos mil y gracias.

Nachiketa said...

overcoming obstacles is what life's al about.... am glad you did to make this awesome looking pav...
peaches would have tasted so lovey... :)

cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts

Lisa Michelle said...

Love the peaches as a topping, so bright and fresh and a unique contrast to all that chocolate. It looks beautiful too!

Jannett said...

this looks delicious... :)