7/27/2010

DARING BAKERS CHALLENGE JULY, 2010-Swiss swirl ice cream cake!

DARING BAKERS CHALLENGE JULY, 2010

Swiss swirl ice cream cake!

I have been so busy lately …I guess I’ll have to sit and think and rearrange my schedule because at the end of the day when I enter my bedroom I am so tired that I star the laptop (it goes to sleep alone) and TV (it is on until next day), take a shower, get dressed, I began to “spread” a wrinkle …wrinkle whatever on my cheeks (although I don’t have wrinkles but a girl must take care of herself) when I fall asleep, and can’t finish my “anti age ritual” I am worried I will only have a young cheek because the other one is not getting any lotion…cream…ointment….whatever….Also I haven’t visited my friend’s blogs which is so bad for me, I’m really worried about that.

Well…my challenge was a complete mess, yes imagine yourself making ice-cream in a hot, Hot HOT weather, as soon as I took the homemade ice-cream out of the freezer it melted. When I softened the ice-cream to spread it on the mold covered with my Swiss roll it became an ice-cream thick soup….same this happened with the second layer of ice-cream, then when I served it and was taking pictures it began to melt again so I called it the weeping ice-cream challenge buuuuut I had a great time I laughed like crazy because I was in such a hurry making things before they melt I must say I LOVE the chocolate syrup I also made a chocolate syrup using milk and cream instead of water and it was great too. Thanks Sunita of Sunita’s world- life and food for this challenge for the recipe click here

Have a Good night, I love you all


Rum and raisins and vanilla with chocolate chips




The July 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Sunita of Sunita’s world – life and food. Sunita challenged everyone to make an ice-cream filled Swiss roll that’s then used to make a bombe with hot fudge. Her recipe is based on an ice cream cake recipe from Taste of Home.-

8 comments:

s said...

ooohhh look at all that chocolate..YUM!

Lisa said...

Not only is your bombe gorgeous, but rum raisin and vanilla with chocolate chips ice creams? YUM!!

Flour Child said...

Your bombe sounds delicious. I can totally commiserate with the weeping ice cream though. Trying to make this in Georgia in the middle of July was a bit of a nightmare.
You got your rolls to stay together though, which is far more than I could manage. And I wish I could be daring enough to try to make ice cream with alcohol in it, but I am so terrified it wouldn't freeze right.
(Sorry if this posts twice, I had a hard time with your comment thing.)

aandara said...

Ohhh,this looks great, i just discovered your blog and i love it, I'm from Valencia,but i doesn't live there anymore, your recipes made to remember so many things, great recipes, great blog
Amalia

UFRV said...

It may not be the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but I must say it doesn't look bad at all, specially if the weather and the fridge don't join in. So congrats on your challenge, and congrats on the flavor combination, sounds delicious! :-)

Marcellina said...

Your icecream bomb looks fantastic but I can imagine that it would have been true challenge considering the heat. Well done despite the problems you had!

Lucy..♥ said...

Congratulations! This looks mighty good, despite the melting. Yummy!!

Donna said...

We all get busy sweetie! Don't worry about not being able to visit!
LOVE this! It looks Wonderfully delicious!! I could dive Right In!!Hahaaa
hughugs