8/19/2010

My First Fondant Cake.

Helloooo! 8D Did I mention that Michele is on vacation?
Well this Faery is so,so,so tired that it is difficult to keep both eyes opened so I’m writing with one eye opened and I occasionally switch … besides he is jumping on my bed, over me, on the floor, he wants to climb up the tv, play wii, etc etc etc and it is almost 9:00 pm ….GOSH I NEED PHARMATON
But I am so happy to show my first fondant cake, I know I’m not a sugar artist but I tried to make something nice.

I love the color color of these last two pics

Filling Ingredients.
300 gr unsalted butter.
1 can sweetened condensed milk.
10 tablespoon powder milk.
15 tablespoons icing sugar. (or to taste)
5 tablespoon powder cocoa. (or to taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
¼ teaspoon salt.
1- Whisk butter for 8 minutes, then slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla.
2- Sieve together icing sugar, salt and cocoa and add to the butter batter.
3- Keep in a cold place.
Fondant ingredients.
500 gr plus ½ cup icing sugar.
2 tablespoons glycerin.
¼ cup glucose.
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin.
2 tablespoons cold water.
½ tablespoon clear vanilla essence.
1- Place the water in a ramekin or cup let rest for about 5 minutes.
2- Meanwhile, measure the rest of the ingredients and boil some water….
3- Place the ramekin with the hydrated gelatin in the hot water and slowly stir until the gelatin is dissolved, only then you can add the glycerin and glucose, seep stirring for a minute or two, take out from water bath.
4- In a bowl place 1 ½ half cups icing sugar, then add the prepared gelatin and stir until all the ingredients are well combined, let ret (covered with film) for about 30 minutes, then add the rest of the sugar and kneed until you have a firm bread like dough, place in a plastic bag.
Cake Ingredients.
I used my butter cake because it is soft and moist. Recipe below.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Sorry to be late! I LOVE this cake!! You do such beautiful work it's almost a shame to cut into it!Hahaa
Hope all is well with you sweetheart! Together, we'll make it! I promise!
hughugs
Love the music!

Faery said...

A friend is never late...hahaha I sounded almost like Gandalf.
Thank you so much Donna.
I love the music too, I remember: this music, me (noding head), new born Michele, a baby's bottle and a rocking chair at 2:00 am °0°

Lucy..♥ said...

Your first try working with fondant????
Faery this cake is absolutely a beautiful work of art, truly it is!! Congrats!!

Swati said...

Hi Faery...sorry for the delay.... I think you have done a fab job.... doesn't look at all that you tried this for the first time.... the covering to the roses everything looks very impressive ... great work dear.....