2/27/2011

Panna Cotta

The Daring Bakers February Challenge
Panna Cotta 
Hello dear Daring bakers my post is up and I chose coconut and caramel for my panna cotta and marsala wine and chocolate ganache for my Florentines, I had a loooot of trouble “milking the coconuts” I decided to make everything from scratch, I know I’m crazy, when I make our delicious Venezuelan dessert “Bienmesabe” I buy coconut cream because is easier this way but this time I had to go the longer and more difficult way….Well , It doesn’t matter because I had a great time joking with mom in the kitchen calling each other a witch, why? Because in Venezuela they believe it is good to burn coconut to bring good luck to your house and through away bad juju…well imagine I burn two coconuts and we were “swiming” in all that smoke last night, the kitchen still smells like coconut today…. My panna cotta was made with coconut milk, the clear layer is the water of the coconut and the golden light layer is caramel syrup also made at home, I LOVE this combination of flavors because it is very tropical, the Florentines cookies were filled with a reduction of marsala wine and then added dark chocolate butter and a pinch of salt to make something like a ganache and topped each cookie with grated coconut. Than you so much Mallory for this awesome challenge this the first time I make panna cotta. Recipe here



The February 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mallory from A Sofa in the Kitchen. She chose to challenge everyone to make Panna Cotta from a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and Nestle Florentine Cookies.

11 comments:

Ms. Hobby said...

That is so neat that you made yours with homemade coconut milk! I hope the burnt smell clears out soon.

shelley c. said...

I am so impressed with you for making everything from scratch, even the coconut milk. Really amazing work. And the resulting panna cotta is amazingly beautiful. The layers took so much patience, but it really looks so impressive. And your florentines look awsome, too!! Really great job.

Audax said...

Hello my friend sorry about the delay in my visiting but the flooding in Queensland really caused me a lot of trouble and I had to go up there to help my mum.

WOW your panna cotta is stunning the way you did the layering is amazing well done on this challenge, and the cookies are smashing.

Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Renata said...

WOW!!! I'm amazed at your presentation and your flavors! I'm bookmarking this one, I love the idea of coconut and caramel (maybe because I come from a tropical country??)
You did a fabulous job on this challenge, congrats!

Donna said...

OhMyGoodness ALL of this looks Fantastic!!!
Your photos are Beautiful Claudia!!
Hope you are well and safe!!
hughugs

Swathi said...

You did awesome with challenge, panna cotta looks delicious.

Renata said...

Hey Faery! Your Portuguese is quite good! Shame on me I can't speak any Spanish :o( Thanks for your lovely comment!

Pavithra said...

Wow looks fabulous.. absolutely love it.. beautiful pictures. Second pictures looks like a jewel.

Pavithra
www.dishesfrommykitchen.com

Lucy..♥ said...

Claudia, you're Panna Cotta creations are amazing works of art and I would surely would enjoy a taste of each. Best to you and your handsome nephew xoxo Grant says "thank you"

Aparna said...

I really like the way you have that beautiful band of gelee running through your panna cotta.

Donna said...

Thanks for the visit Sweet Friend!
SO glad you and your family are alright! SO much happening now isn't there?!!
Hang on tight!
((((HUG))))