3/27/2011

Yeasted Meringue Coffee Cake

Daring Bakers' March Challenge
Yeasted Meringue Coffee Cake
I really have to say thank you so much Jamie and Ria for this wonderful challenge, The dough was beautiful, my passion is kneading and baking breads so imagine how happy I feel for this recipe, a lovely dough and the flavor of the finished bread was delicious same was the scent of the bread while baking, it was like in the cartoons on tv, a snaking fog that took people out of their rooms. The only change I did was to add vanilla extract and orange blossom water to both the dough and filling, the filling was candied orange peel and dark chocolate so it smells and tastes like Christmas time. This dough recipe is now written in my recipe notebook rated with 10 stars
recipe here


Blog-checking lines: The March 2011 Daring Baker’s Challenge was hosted by Ria of Ria’s Collection and Jamie of Life’s a Feast. Ria and Jamie challenged The Daring Bakers to bake a yeasted Meringue Coffee Cake.

7 comments:

Audax said...

SO sorry I cannot get through the internet filter that seems to on your blog. I can only see one picture... after a min it seems to work. Great work on this challenge I love the texture of the cakes you made and the addition of orange water is stunning. I hope you and family and friends are well and your 'problems' don't last for too long.

My love to you. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Yummy....looks perfect...it's been long since i visited here...h r u?

Donna said...

Oh, this looks Wonderful Claudia!!!
Wish I could cook like this!
hughugs

Wolf said...

Lovely job! The crumb is gorgeous on your loaves!

Lucy..♥ said...

Claudia, wonderful as always, you're the baker!!! This looks amazing and that texture speaks to me in a big way.... Looks Great!!! Thank you for the recipe, you're the best xoxoxoxoxo

Lucy

ina james - point fr bc canada said...

i just found your blog-this looks awesome. your very creative and your baking is like yum just looking at pics make me wish for some.. wish i had the recipe keep up the great baking n cooking
~Ina~

Faery said...

Thank you Ina,yes it tastes delicious and the dough can be used in other projects too... the link for the recipe is above the first picture.
http://lifesafeast.blogspot.com/2011/03/daring-bakers-yeast-meringue-coffee.html