4/12/2011

Candied Orange Peels for my Easter Dove or Arancia Candita per la mia Colomba Pasquale

Candied Orange Peels for my Easter Dove or
Arancia Candita per la mia Colomba Pasquale

I’m planning to make the colomba next week so I decide to make my own candied orange peels besides I found beautiful oranges in the supermarket so I bought about 5 kilos, I knew the process would take 3- 4 days but I decided to challenge myself because the ones that are sold in the shops here are a kind of mummified orange peels, they are brown-green, hard and dry (I sometimes think they are taken from a pharaohs’ tomb…brrr). The result: soft, syrupy, sweet, bright beautiful color, gorgeous scent and delicious orange peels…*sight* I imagine them covered with dark chocolate….

Now, to those people involved in the orange/lemon peels mummification process …I bid you goodbye.

Please, let me know if you want the recipe






2 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I have never made candied citrus peels...look forward to your "Colomba".

Kitchen Flavours said...

Feel like grab one right now.....very yum....