5/27/2011

The Daring Bakers' May Challenge: Marquise On Meringue

The Daring Bakers' May Challenge: Marquise On Meringue
…ooops I inverted the order LoL
I’m writing fast because we are expecting another power cut in a few minutes so… I love this challenge because it was easy, delicious and I made it for my birthday today.

The May 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Emma of CookCraftGrow and Jenny of Purple House Dirt. They chose to challenge everyone to make a Chocolate Marquise. The inspiration for this recipe comes from a dessert they prepared at a restaurant in Seattle.








14 comments:

Nachiketa said...

What a lovely Marquise..... and fabulous plating :)
Chilli n Cherry in Chocolate Marquise on Lemon Meringue

Cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts

Chloe Patricia said...

Yummy and happy birthday to you. Chloe P.

Ruth H. said...

I love your presentation! What a wonderful birthday "cake" for you! I hope your marquise tasted as wonderful as it looked, and I hope your birthday was filled with love and laughs!!

Donna said...

Glad you had a good Birthday girlfriend!
This looks YUMMMMMY!!!
hughugs

kouky said...

superbe réalisation!! très bon anniversaire! bon dimanche!!

Morgan said...

Happy Birthday! Love your cake style marquise!

Lucy..♥ said...

Happy Birthday! Your marquise looks wonderful!!

thefooddoctor said...

Happy birthday!
You did ana amazing job! I love the presentation..it looks so fancy

Renata said...

Looks gorgeous in a big size. Love your plating!
Happy birthday!

Karen | Citrus and Candy said...

Happy birthday! I would very much like to take this whole marquise cake for myself and gorge my heart out!

crumbsoflove said...

Great idea to serve it as a cake. It looks beautiful. Happy birthday
Best, Sandie

Bourbonnatrix said...

wow! absolutely love that first pic! what a great idea, and beautiful plating! very different from what i've seen, congrats! and happy bday!

Jenny said...

I love that you made this as a single cake-sized marquise and topped it with the meringue. It's a perfect way to serve it without having to plate individually.

Thank you so much for participating in this month's DB challenge. It was an honor and a pleasure hosting it and seeing your beautiful creation!

Donna (Texas) said...

Missing You!!!!
hughugs
Donna