5/14/2013

Gluten Free “Flour” Empanadas


Gluten Free “Flour” Empanadas

This is a recipe I found on youtube that I want to share with you all; the recipe is in Brazilian Portuguese. I say “flour” empanadas because in Venezuela we have to kinds of empanada one is made with corn flour (masa flour or cornmeal) and the other is made of wheat flour but as this is gluten free I say “flour” empanadas so you know this is the gluten free version for the wheat ones
Ingredients
2 cups super fine rice flour
2 cups corn starch
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon vodka
10 to 20 tablespoon water
1-      Mix all dry ingredients
2-      Mix all wet ingredient
3-      Mix step one and two and knead until the dough is smooth, let rest covered with a plastic wrap
4-      Then make the empanadas as seen on the video and then fry them in hot oil
PS. As I said in a previous post I am not posting my own recipes due the political situation in my country




4 comments:

Donna said...

Well, thanks for this video anyway Claudia...I Know it must be tough!
((((HUG))))

Faery said...

Yes, it is.... I know I'll have to shut the blog down
Thanks Donna :) (((A BIG HUG)))

Donna said...

No! I Hope not! Why would you have to stop blogging?
hughugs

Faery said...

Well the little camera broke and no spare parts now, food is now something like caviar so we take care of it and don't cook things we don't need, the most ridiculous is we have the money to buy goods but there are no goods to buy. I am thinking what to do to keep my little blog alive hahaha, :( COMMUNISM OOOH SO GOOD