5/13/2013


Hello!, after so much time, I will post again to keep this blog “alive” and because I told a friend I will post again, but it will not be a recipe I will post how are we doing here in Venezuela, because due to the communism that ILEGALLY rules this country I cannot buy some items that I need to make what I used to do on this blog: Bake, share my experiments in the kitchen, I feel so powerless, I feel so frustrated, I feel SO angry but I as many other Venezuelans are doing what we can to free our country from this regime that comes from cuba, Food shops in Venezuela are under stocked, food is sparse  the typical corn flour that we use to make the traditional Venezuelan arepas does not exist but the government is trying to blame and tell the world it is due to the only independent company that produces this flour is hoarding this and other products….this company can only produce the 48% of the corn flour of the country demand the other 52% is in hands of expropriated companies that are now in hands of the government but these companies are broken not producing not even a gram of flour and like this ALL the other expropriated companies like toillet paper, edible oil, coffee, sugar, milk, butter, margarine or shortening, wheat flour, rice, MEDICINES and many other goods that we do not have now, the worse is you have the money to buy goods but when you go shopping you find nothing on the store’s shelves the places of the Venezuelans regular diet products are now filled with: ketchup, Kellogg’s corn flakes, jams, plastic items, paper napkins (but not toilet paper that is produced by the same company that produce the paper napkins), soda pops, canned sardines of a very bad quality  oh and do not try to buy chicken because this is an extinct bird in this country…I cannot keep writing because I am furious more when I think that Venezuela is crying for help but the countries are blind and deaf as long as they are given cheap or even free petroleum they do not care for democracy here, the whole world knows as well as we all know Capriles won the elections but our vote, our will was robbed … But World you should pay attention as power and corruption are so sweet words to some people and they spread so fast that other nations are not immune to this that is happening here.
I will, at least, post videos of other people cooking until all this finishes as I am sure all this will pass and we will be a democratic and prosperous nation again WE THE VENEZUELANS (almost 8 millions)  are working on that 

WebRep
Calificación general
Este sitio no tiene calificación
(no hay votos suficientes)
WebRep
Calificación general
Este sitio no tiene calificación
(no hay votos suficientes)

3 comments:

Donna said...

As I keep trying to tell those in THIS country, you have NOTHING without FREEDOM! I am SO sad Claudia that a once great country, Venezuela, has come to this end...Praying for you AND us!
((((HUG)))

Faery said...

Unfortunately,the castro-commnism is spreading and the presidents of the free nations are doing nothing to stop this, Venezuela is fighting alone against communist nations that have invaded my country, when all south and central America is taken the next is north America

Sinead Lawson said...

So happy to see you posting again and trying to survive what really is such terrible circumstances in Venezuela. I used to love all your postings and your wonderful recipes. I also stopped posting for awhile because for one reason or another I didn't have an oven. I shall be sure to keep an eye more often on your blog :)